New clutches :)

As I mentioned, I spent a good deal of time sewing this weekend. I basically like to commit from about 9 pm Saturday to 6 am Sunday to sewing if I can. Sometimes I just can’t do it. I can’t stay focused or I have to go clubbing (baby seals. Their pelts make the best clutches). Once in a while I pass out at my desk and wake up with sewing machine imprints on my face.

But this weekend was a success! I turned out a bunch of these:

You can see (some of) my whale place mat! And a lot of my darrrrk desk.

I’ve been trying to expand the variety of bags in my shop and I think these will make a nice addition!

Question for you ladies: When you look at small bags, do you prefer ones with handles or ones without? I like both (depending on size and shape)!

Advertisements

11 Responses to “New clutches :)”

1. 1 Jay April 24, 2012 at 10:19 pm

They’re so cute, as always. I like them either way, even though I don’t use small bags because I can’t fit a book to read in them. I laughed at your baby seal joke. My friends think those sorts of jokes are in poor taste, but it’s not like telling the joke means I actually club baby seals! But here’s another one for you: A baby seal walks into a club. (That’s the whole joke.) Oh, and also, your whale placemat is adorable!

• 2 TheTragicWhale April 24, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I carry books with me, too! I try to have a book, a notebook, a pen, and a can of Mt. Dew handy where ever I go. So I’m prepared for anything!

• 3 Jay April 26, 2012 at 1:02 am

I am all about being prepared for anything. I always have to have a book, a granola bar, and a hacky sack, along with a bunch of other stuff.

2. 4 The Waiting April 24, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I like small bags with a loop handle on one end. It’s even better if they are detachable. Your bags are so cute!

3. 6 stitchknit April 24, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Love your bags. I have not used a small bag for years, but think it is time to have one in my large tote. The small wristlet is my vote for a handle, and detachable would be extra cool.

• 7 TheTragicWhale April 25, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I have so many little bags in my bigger bag, and I think I’m going to have to do more work with handles!

• 8 stitchknit April 27, 2012 at 12:18 am

You have motivated me! I started setting out fabric today, for a new BIG bag. Hopefully, I’ll follow through. Sewing for myself doesn’t seem to make it to the top of the TO DO list here. If I get going on this, I’d like to coordinate a smaller clutch as well as a checkbook cover. It would be nice to be using something better looking while I’m out & about.

4. 10 ksnapped April 25, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I agree with the wrist loop. Since small bags like this are great for a Party Purse, I usually need a way to attach it to myself so it doesn’t get lost in my stumbling. You know, when I’ve chasing those baby seals. :)