While I favor food on the blander side (total, plain bread, cheese pizza), my friend really likes his food to kick him in the mouth. And it’s sometimes hard to find something that’s tasty enough for him and safe enough for me.
I regularly complain that food has too much flavor. Seriously, who does that?
Man, was I wrong.
Just kidding! It was so good I want to try making more with different fillings!
Due to time restraints, we altered the recipe. Aka we didn’t make our own dough.
- 1 ball of dough from the grocery store
- 1 package pre-cooked/pre-cut chicken (we used Purdue)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 and 1/2 c bbq sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the chicken into tiny little pieces.
- Cut up the onion.
- Mix chicken, onion, and bbq sauce in a bowl, set aside.
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper, aiming for an 11 x 17 rectangle. The parchment paper will make it easy to move the braid onto the pan, and easier clean up when you’re done cooking :)
- Cut 1 inch wide segments down each side of the dough sheet, going about a third of the way in.
- Spread the chicken mixture down the middle of the dough, covering the uncut area. Top with cheese.
- Fold the dough segments over the filling, alternating sides, to give it a braided look.
- Brush tip with egg white.
- Cook about 20 minutes, or until light brown.
Eat! We let it cool for, maybe, 10 minutes so we wouldn’t burn our mouths.