-1 box white cake mix
-whatever ingredients the cake box calls for (like eggs and oil)
- Prepare the cake mix according the the directions on the box
- Separate mix evenly into 4 or 5 bowls
- Add food coloring! Start off with just a few drops of color and mix it in well to see how light/dark the shade is. You can always add more, but you won’t be able to take color out if you add too much!
- Tip: Mix colors to get different colors! I mixed red and blue to make purple, and red and yellow to get orange.
- Layer the different colored batters in the cupcake trays until they are 2/3 full.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Cool, frost, and enjoy!
These pictures are actually from 2 different batches but you can still see how they came out.