Several weeks ago, this happened:
But for some reason I was still surprised to find a bag full of skirt on my dresser a few days later.
Which is when this happened:
I wanted nothing to do with this skirt. I put it off as long as I could. But finally, I threw in the towel. The only way to get rid of this thing would be to fix this thing.
So here we go! A perfectly nice-looking skirt, with a problem zipper:
This Cheryl is a size four, in case anyone was wondering.
I carefully removed one half of the zipper. Then I did my best on the other half. I couldn’t get some of it out.
The real problem here was that I wasn’t about to disassemble the entire skirt. This zipper was put in WAY before it was finished, which is why it looks so good. In order to replace the zipper properly I would have to undo the entire waist and most of the seaming where the zipper is.
Then replace the zipper.
And put the entire thing back together.
Instead, we end up with a slightly visible zipper and some very visible seaming:
Some visible thread bunches where my sewing machine tried to eat the skirt. Because the feeder thing that’s supposed to nudge the fabric along doesn’t work so hot anymore.
And the zipper runs into the clasp now.
Sorry, Cheryl. It’s ok if you don’t ever wear this again.